Jessica Morden Jessica Morden - Labour MP for Newport East, Shadow Deputy Leader of the House of Commons and PPS to Keir Starmer
The Gwent Police and Crime Commissioner is asking the public to complete a short but important questionnaire to inform his future priorities. The consultation will close on 7th August, make sure you have your say.
The current priorities in the Police and Crime Plan are:
- The people of Gwent are satisfied that the police provide a service which meets their requirements;
- To prevent and reduce crime;
- To take more effective action to tackle anti-social behaviour;
- To protect people from serious harm;
- To make the best use of resources and provide value for money;
There are also a number of emerging themes at both local and national levels which inform policing requirements to which Mr Johnston and the Chief Constable must have regard to such as cybercrime and child safeguarding. The consultation also asks the public to provide feedback on these areas.
The consultation will close on 7th August, make sure you have your say.
To access the consultation, please log on to http://bit.ly/yourpolicing